Ancient wisdom for Modern Life
1. Empower employees
2. Master stress and obsessive negative thinking
3. Develop resilience, meaning and purpose in the workforce
4. Drive employee engagement
We provide these results using tested, proven and effective "affect labeling" method, "The Method".
Select Program Clips
Numerous private venues and 1:1 sessions throughout the world...
I met Andrew in Singapore and have attended a few of his mindfulness sessions. I know this is a bit New Wave-y and many companies are probably in cost cutting mode, but I can attest to the value of having mindfulness be part of one’s daily health and wellness regimen, just like exercise and diet. In addition to the health benefits, I would think it would also be viewed very favorably by younger talent who are into health, wellness and self actualization. Could even reduce turnover…
Executive Director, J.P. Morgan, Private Bank, New York, NY
Executive Director, J.P. Morgan, Private Bank, New York, NY
"At The Wharton School MBA Program, University of Pennsylvania, I learned many interesting things, but the one that I value the most was something I never imagined I would discover at one of the world's most respected business schools - recognised in particular for its hard-core financial prowess. That thing was meditation!"
~Matthew Chapple, former general manager of Mead Johnson.
"With self-awareness as its main theme, the event sought to develop new methods for participants to hone their inward focus in order to become more effective leaders. Meditation was the primary practical skill emphasised to develop self-awareness, the benefits of which - the ability to observe one's behaviour, recognise the impact of one's actions on others and reduce stress - strengthens a leader's abilities to motivate others and work with teams."
"This showed me that I don’t need to switch from how I am normally, but I can learn how to focus, clear my mind from whatever else is impacting my life from outside work. Maybe there are things I can take from that, and I can channel those things in a positive way. This will help me perform at my job better."
"With this practice, I can clear my mind, take away the negativity, and just bring positive energy flowing through to everyone. This energy will clearly radiate to the guests and is vital to being a great host. And, in my personal life, I can find peace using these tools."
~Amba Charing Cross Employee
"The session I attended was led by young business graduate Andrew Scheffer who had earlier spent several years as a Theravada Buddhist monk. I was captivated from the very start of the session by the simple, practical idea that life should be lived 'in the present moment' rather than spent dwelling on the past or anticipating the future. Andrew led us through a basic mindfulness meditation technique and I experienced a rare sense of calm. I was hooked."
"At our business here in Thailand we have begun in a small way with company assisted meditation retreats built into the personal development plans for some of our key talent. We also incorporate meditation into our team meetings as team building activities to help develop mindfulness and give people a taste for new techniques and tools that can help them in their business and personal lives.
- When I was taking a test and started to get anxious, I was able to quickly recognize the anxiety and take a moment to calm my mind before moving on to the next question
- When I was taking a test and I could see that I was stuck on a question, I had the perspective to release, evaluate my situation and skip the question without dwelling on it. This allowed me to bring my full concentration to the next problem and improve my test outcome.
- When I played golf in a tournament and could keep my mind focused on the sensations of walking so I was planning the future or berating myself for bad shots in the past.
- When our company was going through downsizing and the stress and anxiety levels were very high, I had a technique I could apply to calm my mind and relax a bit, so that I could deal effectively with the pressure.
- When my job ended, I was able to go on a retreat and let go of all the negative feelings, disappointment, fear etc, regain my optimism and clarity and return with renewed focus and motivation.
- When I was in business school I used to meditate around 4 pm to regain my clarity and focus and recharge me so that the evening hours were productive.
- As a manager at work, I used mindfulness practice to clear my mind and come up with solutions while understanding the implications of those solutions. This I didn't run into as many problems, had solutions for many of the difficulties I did experience and was able to create solutions that were well considered.
- I have a technique and practice that I can apply to all areas of my life that will help me get the energy and motivation and clarity to get back up when I have been knocked down by disappointment, confusion, doubt or depression.
- When I have had challengers in my personal relationships I had a tool and technique to find peace and quietude of mind that would help me to regain my better perspective and avoid acting in ways that I might wish I hadn't.
- When I was dealing with a health issue, I had a technique to help me bear with and overcome the pain.
- When I was making major life decisions, mindfulness help me become clear in what my gut or heart wanted and what my my thought I should do. In seeing these two more clearly I was able to overcome my excessive thinking and do the thing that made greater sense for me.
- When forced Wij change Ng conditions in my life, I was able to let go of the old and embrace the new circumstances with confidence and optimism.
- With strong mindfulness at times I was able to sense situations that might prove dangerous or difficult and use my enhance awareness to avoid them.
- Everyday before I get to work I take a few minutes to focus my mind and then prioritize my activity so I am making the most of each day.
- I have strengthened my clarity and understanding of which choices I should choose so that I live my life how I want and I reduce making choices that will lead to my disappointment, regrets or anguish.
- I avoid doing unskillful things and have a means to work with my obsessive thoughts and ideas , at the very minimum by watching and understanding them rather than acting them out.
- I have gained an understanding of the way life works so I can mark decisions that lead to my long term happiness.
- I associate with other people that share this interest and they happen to be great, motivating and very positive influences on my life.
- I have a technique to apply to find peace of mind, from which I can think clearly and make good decisions.
- I have a technique and method to help me regain my peace of mind and happiness when I have lost it.
- I am kinder and more considerate in my interactions with other people.
- I am much happier (I have discovered new levels of happiness) and can find them again through meditation when hey are lost.
- I can accept my life as it happens especially the parts I cannot control, and I have the tools and internal resources to relate to difficult, people, situations or emotions more easily and without acting in ways that I would later regret.
- I became more self aware so when I am exercising I don't strain myself and do harm.
- I have greater control to make healthy diet decisions.
- I was able to overcome my neurotic, anxious and worried east coast mind and find real peace and bliss.